The past few years, many of my friends have posted something that they are thankful for every day in November. So I thought this year, this Thanksgiving, I would just list 30 of the things I am thankful for (not necessarily in order.) I am thankful for so many things and sometimes it is nice to acknowledge them.
1. My husband – who among other things – puts up with me when I am crazy and sleep deprived, who takes both dogs out in the morning because my hair is still wet and it is cold, and who does all the “dirty work” around the house.
2. A loving family that lives close-by, the holidays we spend together, and the support they give me through all of my endeavors.
3. Old friends and new friends – all of them who are from different parts of my life but all who are important to me for so many reasons.
4. Aussie and Mollie, for always making me smile and making me feel loved <3
5. My photography business, and all of my wonderful customers who have supported me in the past few years.
6. My American freedoms – and the men and women who fought and risked their lives to allow me to have those freedoms.
7. My mom, who is always there for me when I need her.
8. My sister, who has always supported me (and makes great signs) and is my sidekick for holidays and family events.
9. I am thankful that my friends married such wonderful people – many of which have become my best friends too. I do not take for granted that we can all get together and have the best times.
10. For Lindsay, who has been my best friend for so long, I can not list all the reasons why I am thankful for her <3
11. My 2 legs, which have carried me thousands of miles, 2 marathons, several half marathons, and countless runs.
12. Food to put on the table (and a fridge that is stocked, especially today with leftovers.)
13. For my friends Matt and Ben – my boys from high school who will be my boys for life.
14. For Allison, who is not only an amazing friend, but an amazing assistant.
15. My students (most of them) who always keep things interesting.
16. The dysfunctional team 7, who is like a family to me. We may all be slightly crazy, but that is why we work so well together.
17. A paycheck that comes twice a month.
18. A warm and safe place to live.
19. My college friends, Danielle and Rebecca. Meeting you guys was the best part about Rider and I am so glad you are both in my life.
20. My 2nd family, the Pitts. Even though you are not my neighbors anymore, you are still my people. And extra happy my running buddy/brother Nick is recently engaged to such a great girl!
21. All of my awesome assistants – you have no idea how valuable you are and how much I appreciate you!
22. Wine..to get me through the rough days
23. My health.
24. My subaru.
25. In-laws who live 7 houses away…who are always taking care of Aussie, and always helping us fix things around the house.
26. My fireplace..which makes all the days warm and cozy.
27. Sharpie pens..grading papers is so much better with them.
28. I am thankful that I live on the east coast, where I get to experience hot summers with the beach, and also cold winters with snow.
29. Technology – so many things in our lives would be so much more difficult without it.
30. Friends reruns on TV.